PHS Connected

Filed under Column, Student Life

Winter and Holiday Date Ideas

Back to Article
Back to Article

Winter and Holiday Date Ideas

Winter can be a tough time to come up with ideas and plans for dates with your favorite person or people. Here are some winter and holiday date ideas to get you started:

Gingerbread House Decorating: At around $10-$20 decorating gingerbread houses is a relatively inexpensive holiday date idea. You can each make your own and have a competition or work together to create one. Bonus points if you can get through without eating all of the decorations.

Ice Skating: There are lots of options for ice skating depending on what you want. If you’re looking to stay close and cheap head to downtown Pinckney for free public ice skating. If you’re willing to travel a little further check out the Campus Martius Ice Rink in downtown Detroit. Plus, it’s a great excuse to get hot chocolate afterwards to warm you up.

Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo: This date takes a bit more planning and preparations, but it’s totally worth it. You can walk through the front part of the zoo and look at the over 5 million lights that light up the night. It’s a beautiful experience and a great place for a photo shoot with your date or dates. Check out the Detroit Zoo Website for information on pricing and tickets.

Holiday Movie Marathon: Grab a blanket and some mugs of hot chocolate, throw on your favorite holiday movie, and cuddle up on the couch by the fire. There are hundreds of Christmas and holiday movies out there, so you’re sure to find one (or a few) that you’ll like. It’s a great way to stay warm during the long winter months.

Playing in the Snow: The best thing about this date-it’s 100% free. Just wait until there’s a nice snowfall, bundle up nice and warm, and head on out. From snowball fights to making a snowman, the possibilities are endless and completely up to you.

Holiday Baking: Benefits of this date other than the fact that it’s adorable and a ton of fun: you get to eat whatever you make. Spend some time researching recipes, pick a few that you like, and then go for it. (Check out “Easy, affordable, holiday treats” for inspiration)

DIY Projects: There are literally thousands of options out there for this one, and you can make them as complex or simple as you want. From making homemade ornaments to making your own blanket, the DIY world is your oyster.

Go to Bronner’s: If you’re up for the drive, Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland is a great holiday date to go on. You can walk around for hours looking at and shopping for Christmas decorations. You can even get personalized ornaments. There are also lots of nice restaurants around to stop for lunch or dinner. It’s definitely worth the drive.

Rochester Big, Bright Light Show: Again, this one is a little further of a hike, but it’s definitely worth it. Just head to Rochester any night between now and January 6th to walk around and see a beautiful display of holiday lights lighting up the downtown storefronts.

Plymouth Ice Festival: The Plymouth Ice Festival goes on January 11-13. It’s a fun, free event to go walk around downtown Plymouth and look at some intricate and amazing ice sculptures. Check out their website for details on timing, parking, and more.

The holiday season is a great time of year to spend with your friends, family, and loved ones. Hopefully these ideas help you come up with some fun things to do while you’re together. Enjoy the company and dates and Happy Holidays!

About the Writer
Karly Blaszkowski, Staff

Karly is a junior at Pinckney Community High School. She is on the varsity volleyball team and also plays club volleyball year round. In the rare occasion...

• Winter and Holiday Date Ideas

Column

All About: Essential Oils

• Column

Black Friday: Does the Early Bird Take The Worm?

• Winter and Holiday Date Ideas

Column

It’s just politics

• Column

Locker Lockups: Orchestra Edition

• Winter and Holiday Date Ideas

Column

Youmacon, the Convention You Didn’t Realize You Wanted!

• Winter and Holiday Date Ideas

Column

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…or is it?

• Column

Easy, affordable, holiday treats

• Winter and Holiday Date Ideas

Column

Things to Know Before Purchasing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Column

Why bilingual education is important

• Winter and Holiday Date Ideas

Column

Black Friday Steals

Website Apps
Winter and Holiday Date Ideas