PHS Connected

Humanities Class Visits Toledo Art Museum

Last Wednesday Mrs. Dailey’s Humanities class along with a few students from Mrs. Walker’s Ancient Civilizations class took an all-day field trip to the Toledo Museum of Art.

The trip was almost cancelled due to the lack of students and funds. However, the plan fell through and the students excitedly arrived on Wednesday morning after an hour bus ride.

The trip was made to allow students to explore and view ancient history as we know it, and for Humanities, that was leaning towards looking at the Greek and Roman exhibits to relate back to the previous units that were covered in class.

At the museum, one of the most popular and well-liked exhibit was known as the “Flower Room.” This room, (see picture) was full of faded flowers that hang from the ceilings and it created a beautiful design. The artist is the well-known Rebecca Louise Law.

“It was like walking through a forest of flowers,” senior Gabrielle Liddy said. “It was so artistic and fun to take pictures of.”

On the wall, was a quote from Rebecca herself, “My artwork is for sharing. I make these installations to enable people to interact with nature, to give time to observe and be moved by the beauty of creation.”

Another exhibit within the museum that really caught the student’s attention was the “Neon Sign” portion of an exhibit. It presented beautiful quotes and designs for the students to enjoy.

About the Contributors
Halle Sullins, Writer & Designer

Halle Sullins is a senior at Pinckney Community High School (PCHS). She is an avid cat lover, never has matching socks, and loves food. She’s currently a writer and the web designer for the PHS Connected website. She has hopes to spread positivity about the high school and all the great things it has going on! Halle is currently the Clarinet Section Leader in the Marching Band, President of Students Leading Students / It Stop with Students, and as of last year has joined the theater company, Act2.

Paige Dumas, Writer & Designer

Paige Dumas is a bubbly, outgoing senior at Pinckney Community High School. With her creative skills, she’s a writer and designer for PHS Connected. Some of her hobbies include playing guitar, sleeping, and hiking. She’s currently involved in helping design the yearbook and Act2 — the theater company at the High School.

Website Apps