PHS Connected

Filed under Sports

Pirate Volleyball Goes Pink

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pirate Volleyball Goes Pink

All three volleyball participated in October’s Breast Cancer Awareness by hosting the annual “Pink Out” game against Chelsea on Tuesday.

The team stayed after school to prepare and decorate for the game. They covered the gym in pink streamers and balloons, a longstanding tradition.

“I felt so festive while decorating,”  Varsity player Taylor Kennard said. “I think it turned out amazing and it was a great way to show our support for breast cancer.”

Freshman setter Sydney Pease also felt great about the support the team showed for the cause.

“I knew a couple people with breast cancer that passed away so it was a cause that’s really close to me and having that game was very important to me,” Pease said.

After set up, the night began with the Freshman and JV games. JV came out strong and won the first two sets, securing a win for the match.

“Last night was an awesome win for JV!” JV setter Sydney Sweeney said. “The first game was a little rough during some spots, but we pulled out a win anyway. We played together really well in the second game. The third game we played for fun, our coach switched up our positions. After a little bit of confusion we only lost by 2 or 3 points. Overall I’m super proud of our team and how we played!”

The Varsity team also had a great game. They lost to Chelsea, who’s currently second place in the SEC White, but only after taking them to 5 sets for the first time in years.

“The team played so well together last night, and I think that’s probably the reason we are doing so well,” Varsity libero Sophia Oakes said. “It was definitely one of the greatest games we’ve played.”

About the Writer
Karly Blaszkowski, Staff

Karly is a junior at Pinckney Community High School. She is on the varsity volleyball team and also plays club volleyball year round. In the rare occasion...

Website Apps
Pirate Volleyball Goes Pink