PHS Connected

Pinckney Marching Band Receives New Uniforms

Drumline Rank End, Richard Harvourd

Drumline Rank End, Richard Harvourd

Riley Lange

Riley Lange

Drumline Rank End, Richard Harvourd

Lydia Bolen, Jimmy Jorgensen, Isabella O’Sullivan

On Wednesday and Thursday, the Pinckney Fighting Pirate Marching Band  fitted students for their long-awaited new uniforms. They finally received them after ordering their designs from Stanbury Uniforms last spring, and they were set to premiere the new uniforms at the Homecoming parade and game.

Unfortunately, the uniforms’ time in the spotlight was cut short by the weather after the parade, as the football game was rainy and the band was issued their raincoats.

“I was kind of annoyed that we didn’t get to show [the uniforms] off at the game,” Senior Drum Major Landon McCullough said. “At least we got to show them off in the parade. I just hope the weather is better for senior night.”

Although the premiere didn’t go as planned, the entire process of getting new uniforms as soon as possible was successful in the end. The uniforms were a milestone for the band, considering the Band Boosters program had been in the process of getting the new uniforms for about 2 years. A single uniform costs $381- which is a sum of about $54,000 altogether.

“We had the old uniforms for 18 years. They are older than all of the kids in the band,” Band Camp Facilitator Mrs. Rowse said, who is in charge of making sure the marching band always looks their best.

Typically, marching band uniforms are only used for 15 years, and the band was desperately in need of something new. 

“[My favorite thing about the new uniforms] is that they’re not white, the bibs, and the squared-off shoulders,” Mrs. Rowse said. “The hardest thing was raising the money, but the most rewarding thing is to see the uniforms on the students- to see their faces, because they’re so excited. [When people see the new uniforms] I want that ‘wow’ factor. I want them to be as excited as we all are.”

About the Contributors
Shae Eckles, Writer

Shae Eckles is a sophomore at Pinckney High School, and she is very excited to be on the PHS Connected staff. In her free time, she draws and paints, plays the Alto saxophone, is very involved with theatre, and watches a little too much of The Office. She is a member of Act 2 Theatre Company, The Pinckney Fighting Pirate Marching Band, and The Jazz Rats, which she loves with all of her heart. Last but not least, she really loves pumpkin spice lattes.

Riley Lange, Writer

Riley is a sophomore at Pinckney High School. She is on the Varsity swim team and archery team. In her free time, Riley enjoys photography, hiking, and reading. She also hopes that John Krasinski has a beautiful day.

Diana Beasley, Writer

Diana Beasley is a sophomore at Pinckney Community High school, and is super excited to be be part of the PHS Connected staff. She likes to draw, paint, and listen to music in her spare time. Her favorite show is The Office and her favorite bands/groups are Seventeen and Loona (Stan Loona!).

• Pinckney Marching Band Receives New Uniforms

Clubs and Organizations

Pinckney High School Students Help With Big Brothers Big Sisters

• Clubs and Organizations

Forensic classes investigate crime scene

Clubs and Organizations

Act 2’s Penny Pincher – The Twilight Zone

Clubs and Organizations

You Can’t Handle the Truth

Clubs and Organizations

Earth Without Art is just “Eh”

• Clubs and Organizations

Track Meet Rescheduled

• News

Humanities Class Visits Toledo Art Museum

Clubs and Organizations

Editorials

The Video Games You Played as a Kid, but Twenty-Six Years Later

Sports

Pirate Volleyball Goes Pink

Website Apps