PHS Connected

Filed under News

Pinckney students get involved with Cinderella’s Closet

Back to Article
Back to Article

Grace Scott, Cinderella's Closet Representative

Current Pinckney students are working with Cinderella’s Closet and LACASA out of Howell to provide homecoming dresses to students in need.

Grace Scott is one of the students teaming up with LACASA to put on the organization’s pop-up shop, Cinderella’s Closet, that offers used dresses to high school students. They collect dresses through drives year around and then when dance season begins they set up shop.

“We gather dresses, we organize them, put them together, if they need fixing or mending or anything we do that,” Grace Scott said. “Then we end up selling them around Homecoming and Prom to girls who can’t exactly afford dresses. We sell them for $25 and all of our proceeds go towards LACASA.”

Because Cinderella’s Closet is a non-profit, they are able to run mostly off of donations and put all of the money that they earn back into their beneficiary, LACASA, to help women from our community who are in need.

“LACASA is a safe haven for women,” Scott said. “Whether it be physical or mental abuse any woman, mother or child can go there and expect to be safe.”

Not only does Cinderella’s Closet help LACASA benefit the women in need, they also benefit the students themselves.

“It’s really cool because you know these girls that are coming can’t always afford dresses and everyone wants that moment where they feel so gorgeous and pretty,” Scott said. “You want to feel like yourself and love what you’re wearing and it’s great to give girls the chance to do that.”

Cinderella’s Closet and LACASA are always looking for volunteers who are willing to help out and there are tons of ways, big and small, to get involved.

“All you have to do to get involved is reach out,” Scott said. “We have an Instagram, you can reach us through that. You can talk to any of the representatives from Pinckney: myself, Ashlynn Norris, Chloe Moltzen, Jessica Strong. It’s pretty simple and we’d be more than happy to help you out if you’re wanting to get involved”.

For more information about Cinderella’s Closet and LACASA visit their website: https://lacasacenter.org/cinderellas-closet-fall/ or follow them on Instagram @livingstonscinderellascloset

About the Writer
Karly Blaszkowski, Staff

Karly is a junior at Pinckney Community High School. She is on the varsity volleyball team and also plays club volleyball year round. In the rare occasion...

Website Apps